A Little of Everything



So, I have crossed something off of my 27 by Twenty-Seven list. We had people over twice last week and I didn't clean before they came over. At least not anything more than my normal daily house work. It took everything in me not to be stressed about how cluttered my buffet was and that I had a load of laundry sitting on top of my washing machine. I admit I did vacuum before they came over, because one day we had a 7 month old and the next day a toddler. At those ages they spend so much time on the floor you really need to keep it clean. I do vacuum everyday so it wasn't too far from ordinary. I just probably would have waited until later.

Guess what? It wasn't world ending to have people over with a little clutter around. It was actually kind of nice to just play with Mia until they got here. It was a great step towards being more relaxed with guests.

Anyway, we went to Mount Shasta this past weekend. It was so nice to get away. Mia loved our hotel. It was so much fun to watch her run around the room exploring. It was also nice for us to be somewhere she could just open every drawer and cupboard. She spent a while playing in the closet and then she slept through the night in the bed. She sleeps pretty well at night, but she wakes up and comes to our bed at some point usually. I swear we have the weird kid that sleeps better when she isn't at home. She always sleeps the best when we are camping.

On Sunday (St. Patricks's Day) we went to the beach. It was pretty windy. Not perfect weather, but it was fun and Mia enjoyed playing in the sand as usual.

What did you do this weekend? Did you have a good St. Patrick's Day?

Comments