A Christmas Miracle

If you follow me on Instagram you already saw this picture.

We went to my moms work Christmas party with her last Friday night. It was really fun. They had Santa there and he gave each kid a gift. There was a pretty decent dinner. Terrible cookies for dessert, but you can't have everything.

The miracle? My kids were all really well behaved for the entire event and we got a picture with Santa with no one crying, everyone sitting with him, everyone looking at the camera, and 2/3 kind of smiling! If that's not a miracle I don't know what is.

If you are in the market for a grainy photo of a photo photographer, feel free to call me.

I also made the awesome mistake of saying that I knew the Santa. "Mom, how do you KNOW Santa???" We never planned on doing Santa. We planned on teaching our children about St.Nicholas and just opening presents. I was never going to tell them anything more, because I didn't want them to tell other children anything. Without me ever doing or saying anything they believe in Santa and take him very seriously. So, here we are. We do Santa. Kind of. They get socks in their stockings along with some chocolate coins and that is it. They are thrilled. I have never said it was from Santa, but Mia decided it was and I never corrected her.  Santa it is.

Comments

Post a Comment