Seven Quick Takes

I am linking up with Jen at Conversion Diary for Seven Quick Takes today.


1. It is Autumn! I am not really the average person who seems to LOVE fall. I enjoy most seasons, none more than another. That might be because I live in Northern California where the weather is the same all year. Never too hot and never too cold. However, I do like the activities that come with fall. Including apple picking. My mom took us to a friend of a friends house to pick apples recently. I am searching the internet for ways to use up all of the apples we picked. If you have any ideas please leave them in the comments. 
Photo by my brother

2. I read this article this week. I loved it. Jacob says this often. It is nice to know that it is okay to stay home. There is such an argument between stay at home and working mothers. I really wish everyone could just support each other rather than tear each other down. I loved having a stay at home mom growing up and I love being a stay at home mom for my children (most days).

3.Jack is easy to get to sleep. However, once he is asleep he is easy to wake up. He has got to be the lightest sleeper. Any noise at all and he is up, which I am sure you can imagine happens a lot with a 3 year old in the house. He has also been trying to push back bedtime. It has been a delight. Luckily he is usually in a pretty good mood, but he is cutting into my ME time. 


4. I was putting a lot of time into making centerpieces for the year for my MOP's group. I finally finished them and actually have some time to work on other things. I have been slowly but surely working on Mia's Halloween costume.

5.Jack is learning to live with a big sister. I remember doing the same thing to my brother. Poor guy had two older sisters though.


6.Mia did a great job going to school her first day. I was so worried she would cry and cling to me, but she was fine for the first couple of weeks. Now she cries every time I drop her off. It is heartbreaking. Her teacher tells me she calms down faster each day and is making friends, so that helps a little. 

7.This is a little old now, but I think everyone should watch it. She really makes some great points and gives a voice to a huge problem in our society.

Wishing you a great weekend. 

Comments