A Few Costume Pictures

This year was Mia's first year picking out her costume. In August I asker her what she wanted to be. She said, "Umm, ballerina." I wasn't quite sure how she knew what a ballerina was, but I was excited that she wanted such an easy costume. After a couple days I realized that when she says she wants to be a ballerina she is referring to one of her favorite books "Angelina Ballerina". So, I went to Jo Ann's and bought the fabric and made her a little Angelina costume. Most people thought she was a mouse, but I was surprised by how many people actually knew who she was. You really get to see who reads to their kids and who has boys.

This was also our first year taking Mia trick-or-treating. I talked about what trick-or-treating is for weeks. We discussed what to say "trick-or-treat" and "thank you". I just really didn't want her to be scared or to be one of those silent kids that just asks for candy without saying thank you. Well, she said "trick or treat" sometimes. Mostly she just opened her candy bag at peoples doors. Parent of the year right here. She did a pretty good job of saying thank you, so I guess that is a win. We started the night at a Halloween party which she was really excited about, but trick or treating was really the star of the night. I thought about dressing up, but I just was not feeling it this year. Maybe it is my growing belly. I don't know. Anyway, here are a few pictures.




Now it is November and time to think about what we are thankful for. I just love this time of year. I will post soon about how I am teaching Mia about being thankful.

Comments

  1. Beautiful! She looks precious. We thought about taking Lucy trick-or-treating (but then realized it would just be too weird). She needs to be up and walking! Thank you for sharing. Hope you are doing and feeling well :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment