Gingerbread House or How High Strung I am

One of the activities in our Advent Calendar was to make gingerbread houses. We didn't really make gingerbread houses growing up, so it was fun to do a little something different. I will say that making a gingerbread house with a 1 year old is not advised if you are a perfectionist like my husband and I. It's not that much fun for you or the one year old. You are trying to make everything look perfect, while the one year old is eating anything she can get her hands on. Later in the evening she laughed so hard she threw up all the candy... on me. It was lovely. Anyways, I thought I would share a few pictures. We did the cheater kit. I think next year we will do the real thing with homemade icing and everything. We are all enjoying our daily activities. Mia especially enjoys opening the bags each day.                                                                                                                                                                                                                  







Comments

  1. Ah, the kit. We always used graham crackers and they didn't work as nicely. You can make a borax mote to go around it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment