Two Zero

Today is my little brother's twentieth birthday. I remember the day he was born vividly. My mom had a home birth and I remember waking up to people talking, so I tiptoed out of my room and into the hallway. My Grandma and my aunt were talking and I heard my aunt say she was going to need to take the day off work. I got scared and went back to hide in my bed. Then they came to tell my sister and I that the baby was coming and we could come watch. I had been so excited to see a baby be born, up until this moment. I was paralyzed with fear. My sister climbed out of bed  and went to watch. I hid under the covers. I have always regretted not getting out of bed to watch.
When he was finally out. I went to meet him. I remember having to wash my hands with some "weird red soap". He was so tiny and so cute. I still think of him as being a tiny baby when in reality he is about 6 inches taller than me and has his own car now. He is one of the funniest people you will ever meet. He is totally deadpan most of the time so you don't know if he is joking(which is my favorite kind of funny). He is an awesome uncle to Mia. She loves to play with him and listen to him read to her. Also, he is an insane runner. The other day I went on a semi-jog with him and then he went further when I was done. Then he stopped by my house like two and half hours later. He had just finished his run! I had taken a shower, gone to the store, started dinner. He is amazing! He is also an awesome dancer. Last, but definitely not least, he is like super handsome. I don't even think that it is just because he is my brother. He really is.
Happy birthday to you!


Comments

Post a Comment