Street Lights, People

Mia and I went to the city this weekend with my mom. We got up at 5 a.m. to leave by 6:30 a.m. I had to wake Mia up which I hate to do, but it was nice because it meant she was tired for the car ride. We made this same trip close to 6 months ago and Mia screamed for like 3 hours straight. This time she was pretty happy the whole way. There were a couple of restless fits, but besides that she did really well. We got to my Great-Aunt's house around 12:30 p.m. and dropped my mom's dogs off. Then we headed off to my brother's cross country meet. They had a cute little park at the track that Mia loved.

The track was beautiful and you could see the whole race start to finish, which if you have ever been to a cross country race you know is unusual.
Once the race was over we headed back to my Great-Aunts house. On the way  Mia had her sippy cup and she swung it around and hit me in the lip. All I could taste was blood and it was filling my hand. I was sure that I had split it open. As it turned out it was the smallest cut and I am a drama queen (there really was a lot of blood though). We went to the grocery store and bought a rotisserie chicken, some bread, and I treated myself to some Meyer's Geranium Scented Counter-top Cleaner(my mom found it hilarious that this was my big city purchase).
The next day we got up and hit up some yard sales. My mom bought me a cast iron dutch oven. Totally going to rock that thing.
When we were done with yard sales we went to have Dim Sum. Last time we had Dim Sum Mia was still eating pureed food so she didn't get any. This time she loved it. She especially loved the tea. It was so cute to watch her try all the different things and keep wanting more tea.
Then we went back to the house and hung out for a little while. Then my mom and I went on a hike up a STEEP hill to a park. It was so hot and such an intense walk that by the time we got to the park I was drenched(pretty!). Did I mention I did this with Mia strapped to my back.
Then we made the much easier descent back to the house to make dinner. My mom and I made a big chicken salad, for which I washed way too much lettuce(we can discuss my spacial issues another time).
The next morning we packed up and left. My mom had talked about stopping at Ikea, but decided that the car was too full to buy anything(we had my brother with us now, so we had 3 adults, a car seat, 2 dogs, and all our stuff in a Toyota Camry). I told her I just wanted a couple of small things so it wouldn't take up much room. So, we decided to stop. My brother and Mia had second breakfast there. Then my mom and I did some shopping. I bought some candles, some scrubber brushes, caviar, and.... an easel. It was only $14.99 and I couldn't pass it up. It is a perfect Christmas gift for Mia and I don't know the next time I will be there.
My mom was like "We literally have no room."
I was like "It could go along the back of the seats."
My mom said, "Fine, you can buy it and if we can't fit it in the car you can just return it."
Before we left we used the bathroom and I could see the return area was full of people. I really didn't want to have to return it.
My mom took the dogs for a walk and my brother and I got to packing. I asked him "What do yo think we should do?"
His reaction, "I think you shouldn't have have bought it."
Thank you.
We ended up getting it across the back seats and I ended up with quite a bit of stuff in my lap. Success!
Then we drove the long road home. It was so nice to be back in my own bed and have the help of my husband.
I really had the best time with my mom and brother this weekend. We ate good food, laughed(a lot), and I just genuinely enjoyed their company. I love my family they are seriously the most hilarious people.


Post a Comment