Manic Monday

Original title?

Let me start at the very beginning which began on Thursday night/ Friday morning. At about midnight Mia woke up crying. She had thrown up in bed. Jake cleaned it up while I gave her a bath. During this both Jack and Fox woke up. They were both very excited that everyone was up during the middle of the night. I set up a bed for Mia on the floor of my room, get Fox back to sleep, and Jake and Jack head to the couch to sleep together because Jack wouldn't go back to sleep (pushover parents...). Mia continues to throw up every hour for the rest of the night. She finally stops at about 7:30 a.m. We don't send her to school and she spends the day sleeping, but by the evening seems all better.

We have a nice weekend that included going to a gift making workshop where the kids got to make presents.

Then on Sunday night Fox was up many times to nurse, Jack woke up crying and needed comforting, then ended up in our bed along with Fox. Then as I was laying between Jack and Fox staring at the ceiling after Jake had left for work I heard Mia call out. She had thrown up. I climbed out of bed and went to check on her. It was dried on (TMI?), so I think she did it in her sleep. I got her cleaned up, the boys woke up, the laundry was going. I made some breakfast and made myself a cup of tea. I finally sat down to drink my tea and look at some text messages. I then dropped my phone right into my cup of tea... I immediately turned it off, wrapped it in a paper towel, and sealed it in a bag of rice. My phone is working now except for the speaker sounds a little bit funny.

So, that was last Monday. This Monday Jake is off work and Mia is out of school. So, I am hopeful that life will be just a little bit more calm.

And an unrelated photo from a few months ago that I find funny/adorable.

Comments